What happens in Vegas doesn’t stay in Vegas if you are a food blogger!
I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas for the Food Allergy Blogger Conference. We enjoyed 2.5 days of awesome learning, fellowship and food.
The conference was held at the South Point Hotel and Casino. It is about 15 minutes off the strip. It was HUGE. The hotel has a spa, casino, conference center, bowling alley, movie theater, rodeo ring and a ton of restaurants. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The FABlogcon organizers worked very hard to make sure the meals were safe for all our different food allergy needs. It was so freeing to be able to eat Gluten Free without worrying all weekend.
There were a few vendors there with products for us to try and take home. We were loaded down with Gluten Free goodies! Here are some highlights:
– Namaste – has new cup of soups I can’t wait to try these
– Sunbutter – an awesome alternative to peanut butter for anyone with a peanut allergy
– SunCups – Gluten Free and nut free chocolate goodness
– 123 Gluten Free – Fabulous baking mixes! I grabbed a basic flour mix, a muffin and a brownie mix
– Enjoy Life Foods – Pentils and the S’mores Decadence bars rocked my world
– Attune Foods – The Honey Rice Twice was tasty! Would like to make crispy treats with them
What I Learned
To be honest my brain is overflowing with everything I learned. I have a ton of ideas and things I want to do. Here are some key points:
– Be honest, have integrity and be consistent when blogging
– Play to your strengths
– Social media is about celebrating others
– Always follow a baking recipe – its science
– Feel free to make all other types of recipes your own
– Light is key in food photography
These events are so amazing due to the people. It is such a gift to be in a room filled with 150 other people who get it! Who understand that eating out isn’t easy. Who understand about cross contamination. Who understand food allergies and Celiac Disease. I can’t even begin to name everyone at the event but here are some people you should follow if you don’t already.
– Cindy with Vegetarian Mamma @VegetarianMamma
– Keeley with Keeley McGuire @KeeleyMcG
– Claudine with Gluten Free Green Bean @glutenfreegbean
– Kelly with Raising Jack with Celiac @RaisingJack
– Mary Fran with Franny Cakes @frannycakesblog
– Erica with Celiac and the Beast @CeliacBeast
– Michelle with the Gluten Free Kitchen @MyGFreeKitchen
– Amy with the Family Chef @thefamilychef
– Sarah with Gluten Free Dairy Free Disney @gfdf_wdw
– Devin with Nom Yum Free @NomYumFree
– Kim with The Cheeky Celiac @GFKimAZ
A few of us bloggers hit the strip Monday night to walk around and grab some dinner. We went to the Paris hotel and ate at Mon Ami Gabi. They are very aware of Gluten Free and other food allergies. We had great time and a wonderful meal!
Erica did a really cool video about the conference. Watch it here.
Look forward to going to the conference next year!