Gluten Free New York Style Cheesecake5
We had a dinner party at a friend’s house Saturday night so I did my usual phone call ahead of time. I ask what we are having and offer to bring something. Since it can be difficult to feed
me I normally offer to bring a dish or two so there is something I know will be safe. Dessert is normally one of the dishes I bring. I decided to tackle cheesecake for the first time ever! And Oh Man this Gluten Free cheesecake is Amazing!!!
- 1 bag of GF Ginger Snaps (8oz bag)
- 2 tbsp butter - melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp GF vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup GF flour mix
- Lemon zest of half a lemon
- 4 - 8oz GF cream cheese packages at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the sides and bottom of a spring form pan. Put the ginger snaps in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Mix crumbs with melted butter. Press into spring form pan and let it go up the sides about 1/2 inch.
- In a bowl mix together the sour cream, GF flour and GF vanilla extract in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar, milk, lemon zest and eggs.
- Once creamy, pour in the sour cream mixture.
- Fill pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Then turn off the oven (don't open the door) and leave it in the oven for at least 2 hours.
- Once it is cooked let chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
This was a huge hit! It tasted like regular cheesecake and the crust was on point! The strawberry sauce gave it a nice sweet touch. I will make this again and it will be a great base for flavored cheesecakes!
This post linked to Gluten Free Wednesdays.