This super easy dinner only takes 5 ingredients, your slow cooker and viola you have dinner. Introducing Gluten Free Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas. This was a huge hit in our house!
You can customize this recipe according to your tastes, likes and what you have on hand. We aren’t a family who likes food too spicy so we used mild ingredients to keep the heat under control, you are free to make it as hot as you want.
- 3 - 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - frozen is ok
- 1 can of tomatoes and chilis - undrained
- 1 packet of GF taco seasoning
- GF tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine first 3 ingredients into your slow cooker. Gently stir. You can add 1/2 cup of water if it looks too dry.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from the slow cooker, use forks to shred and return to the slow cooker.
- Stir and let cook for another 10 minutes.
- In a heated skillet place a GF tortilla layered with the chicken mixture, cheese and then another tortilla. Cook on each side 3-4 minutes or until cheese melts.
You could add a can of drained black beans, a can of drained corn, jalapeños, olives, lime, tomatoes or avocado to take this dish to the next level.
Adapted from this recipe.
We made 3 large quesadillas with this recipe. Just add more meat if you have more mouths to feed. You could even use the meat to make tacos or nachos.
I used this Gluten Free Taco Seasoning: